- Building a sense of community creates space for all citizens to be engaged in the governance process and feel valued as individuals.
- Effectively managing infrastructure and demographic changes will ease realities of transition for residential and commercial citizens and sustain economic success.
- Setting and modeling standards for civil discourse will reinforce Plano’s reputation for having that something more and encourage honest, respectful, productive communication.
Safety & Security
- Supporting policies and budgets that ensure adequate staffing and legislative compliance will provide citizens with assurance that their physical, environmental, and emotional safety and security are priorities.
- Listening to Public Safety professionals will guide decisions to equip Plano with equipment and strategies to maintain its designation as one of the safest cities in the United States.
- Understanding and sharing statistical data will promote citizen understanding of events managed by Plano’s first responders. Accurate evaluation of this data will discourage unfounded fears sparked by generalized information gathered from various sources.
- Working with citizens and municipal staff to consider revenues, expenses, and legislative mandates will result in cost-benefit analyses that yield reliable decisions for budget requests, facility maintenance, capital expenditures, and taxation.
- Taking strategic approaches to decision-making will create a culture of heightened efficiency and accountability by focusing attention on core issues. Knowing what questions to ask and to whom they should be directed support decision processes that produce less waste.
- Understanding Plano’s governance model and what is in the best interest of its citizens must be the foundation of all decisions.
- Maintaining excellence and the highest quality of life in Plano.